Monday's from 6:30-7:30 PT we come together to practice evidence-based mindfulness. Both beginners and advanced attend every week. Join us!
Hi, my name is Dan Petrie and I'm a San Francisco-based certified mindfulness facilitator. I received my mindfulness teaching certification through UCLA's Mindful Awareness Research Center. I also study the Dharma (Buddhist teachings) in both the Zen and Vipassana lineages. My Vipassana study is with Howard Cohn of Spirit Rock Meditation Center, and Zen study is in the Soto lineage of Suzuki Roshi who founded San Francisco Zen Center.
Sessions are designed so mindfulness can be integrated into day-to-day life. You'll be introduced to a variety of evidence-based methods designed to mitigate stress and anxiety, improve sleep, increase empathy and compassion, and promote a durable overall well-being that no mobile app, or pre-recorded mindfulness session can accomplish.
Each session will consist of:
1) A partially guided meditation
2) A brief talk about practicing mindfulness in daily life
3) Open Q&A
1. DEVICE You will need a desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone or landline.
2. PROMPTS Follow the prompts provided by Eventbrite.Once registered, you can add classes to your calendar including the Zoom dial-in links.EventBright will send you a reminder ahead of each session.
3. ZOOM Be sure to download the free ZOOM app prior to your first session.Zoom is available free in the Apple and Android stores OR it can be downloaded here:
THE FINE PRINT
For more information head to